Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Confectioner Chronicles by Claire Luana

The Confectioner Chronicles
by Claire Luana

So I really wanted to write a review for each book as I read them, but time got away from me and that just didn't happen as I wished it to. Time slips away from us and we wish we were one of the gifted to help us out with that. Definitely, wish I had some time magic on my side when it comes to reading and some luck magic in the dating world. I could use my self a Lucas Imbris. Anyways, I am going to do my best to give a review without spoilers. But I am not making any promises as these books stole my heart and I am so sad the series is over. 


 

First, I just want to address how beautiful the cover art is. Each book has a similar cover that brings them all together as a series. Guild, Coup, and Truth as all consecutive with Exile being a prequel novella covering the story of Hale, a member of the Confectioner's Guild. I did read the books in the order they are pictured here in my blog. I am not sure of the correct order, but it didn't ruin anything for me in this order. In fact, it gave me much insight into Hale in the last two books of the series.

Let me begin this review with: Someone summarized this book as a magical, killer cupcake. Once I heard that I had to read it. I had no doubt it had to happen and then I was able to get the first book free from Amazon and that began my slow decline into this world. Which I am now completely in love with. So I got my hands on the EBook and read and then I bought the last three. Can't be upset about it now, my heart is sold.

Now let us really jump into this review, I have ranted enough. So since I read all four before I am doing this review, I will try to keep it brief and not just summarize the entire plot of the entire series.

The series follows Wren an orphan taken in by a confectionary maker and is taught his art. While learning this art she is summoned to the Confectioner's Guild, one of many guilds in the city, for her abilities. A Guild master dies and it is pinned on her (he ate a cupcake made by her) and it is part of her responsibility to prove her innocence and find the real killer. This story is Wren's search to find out who killed the guild master and to save herself and one other, who has put their life on the line for her and believed she is truly innocent when no one else did. As the series continues it becomes more than just standing up for herself, but standing up for what is right and save her home from those who have taken it. She must defend those she loves and take life-threatening risks to save everyone and the place she lives as she knows it. With the help of her friends and allies, she learns to overcome hurt and realize what her heart truly wants amidst all the chaos.

This story has everything you could ever want in a book: mystery, crime, action, romance, magic, adventure and so much more. There is even an LGBTQ romance within its pages. There are characters you will go on a roller coaster ride with and characters you will love and characters you will love to hate. There is no lack of page-turning wonder as you wonder how on earth Wren will deal with each new thing that is happening. You may even cry. I know I did. On an airplane. Thank you, Claire, for those tears. I would cry reading them again and again. The beginning of each one is a little slow at first, but I find that with most books that have a "solve the mystery, crime" feel because you have to build up the search for evidence before you can reach the climax of the story to find out who did it. The fun part is trying to put the pieces together and figure it out before the characters of the story do.

I'll be honest I wasn't able to figure it out in Guild. Then the stories took a turn. The second was more adventure and sadness and the third was the page-turning action to save the world. Gosh, the climb to the climax I never wanted to put the books down. For each one, I was drawn in.

Now if you want to purchase these books there are a few options that I know of and I will link them:

The Confectioner's Guild Ebook and Physical - Amazon
The Confectioner's Guild - Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment

ACOTAR DREAM CAST (Will be Updated as I find more)

 So i'm doing this more for therapy than anything. I have my picks for the A Court of Thorns and Roses TV show, so here we go. *NOTE YOU...