Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

The Lightning Thief | Disney Books | Disney Publishing Worldwide

 So, I feel I'm a bit old to just be jumping on the Percy Jackson boat, but I haven't read a middle-grade book in years. I'll tell you something though, it was a solid read. I listened to the audiobook and finished it within a day. The story was easy to follow without being too predictable. The characters were solid, but of course, were your stereotypical kids going off on an adventure and getting themselves into a whole mess of trouble. I feel most middle-grade books are like this and I feel this is what makes them super appealing to that age group. 

I have been told by a handful of people the Riordan's books were good, but it was never really enough for me to take the plunge into them. I have also never seen the movie or musical, so I didnt have and preconcieved notions for the book overall. I have always loved greek mythology and so I figured it was time to really jump into this series. I love how the book started out with Percy either telling you to put the book away or continue reading. I love when characters talk the readers, it really sets the mood for the book. 

I definitely think this book was good. As an adult, it is a solid 4 starts for me. Had 10 year old me read the books I think it would have been a solid 5 star read. As we get older young reader books begin to not wow us as much as they did, or they bring a whole new light to our world. This was just a fun adventure and I look forward to reading the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ACOTAR DREAM CAST (Will be Updated as I find more)

 So i'm doing this more for therapy than anything. I have my picks for the A Court of Thorns and Roses TV show, so here we go. *NOTE YOU...